Monday, October 19, 2009

That $%$#@$ paint....







Who ever painted this scooter with that black paint needs a kick up the ass.






I retured home and started to get into the swing of it again. I had sanded the scooter back to smooth finish after many hours.






I decided to give it a good coat of primer and sand again. Well as soon as the primer toughd any remaining black paint it bubbled. What a night mare. It looks like a lot of work ahead.






I bought a stripping wheel for my grinder to get rid of some heavy bog on one side panel. This worked very well at taking EVERYTHING off. I was impressed the look of the bare steel so decided to test a patch on the body. Well lets just say it looks great. It is the look i want for this scooter. A rattle can job is a lot of work and sometimes looks like crap. I am planning on stripping this back to bare metal and clear coating it.






I tested the front legshield by taking it back to bare steel, each sectioni then rubbed back further with fine grit paper followed by a rub with 70% alcohol. I bought two cans of flat clear Rust-o-leum paint from my locll mitre ten. Rust-o-leum is a great paint from the USA that is a rust preventitive sealant like kill rust but better.






I am really amped that this will look great for next to no cost aside from a big investment of time. It is a crap job to get it right back metal but it can be done in patches and if ever in an accident repaired easily. I justy hope it looks as good as it did on the test patch.
It will also show how much metal these scooters have, they are modern but still a classic..

METAL!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment