Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday 6th- Its alive!!!







Well today was a good day.






After a rough start the last two days it was nice to have some success.






The battery was charged overnight, oh i forgot, Supa cheap is a long way from my house so i tried to buy some sulphuric acid to put in my battery, IMPOSSIBLE! I had to go all the way back there but they were good enough to give it to me without my receipt, saved me a trip home.






I spent the morning running a new gear cable and adjusting the shifter about, all good with fresh grease and a decent positive shifting feel.






I mucked around with the ignition barrel as the key was not with it. I wanted to to still use it as the electrics are all quite good and look to be hooked up correctly. I decide to pull the barrel and remove some of the pins out of the ignition barrel so it would be easy to pick but still require some knowledge of what you were doing. I did this and put the pins in a ziplock bag in case i want to get a key cut later. BTW i have learnt from prior experience and am putting all bolts and small parts in zip lock bags with labels!!!






After running errands for the missus i snuck out to the garage and hooked up the freshly charged battery. I pushed it up the drive and went around the corner switch her on with the fuel and oil (its autolube) and after a few chugs she fired up!! You cracker..






I did a few hot laps and must say I am impressed with the performance of the 125 at this stage. It isnt as quick as my smally 130 but its got some legs.






I spent the rest of the day removing parts and getting it ready to paint.






Some photos are from last night in the rain. This thing i think must have originally been red, then a bad white respray then a decent respray in Blue, nice royal blue before this brothel of a fence paint job. See pics to see what i mean.






Am currently think of a nice silver blue (Max wants it that colour).

No comments:

Post a Comment